This comprehensive teaching resource helps first grade students master the conventions of standard English and boosts their vocabulary acquisition. Easy-to-scaffold lessons are clearly organized by language skills and standards to help teachers target instruction. Language Fundamentals has 204 pages of skill-based activities, including 29 review pages with multiple choice, constructed response, and open-ended questions to assess students’ understanding and application of the focus skill. Format: The teacher’s edition includes reproducible student pages, teacher support pages, and an answer key. First grade skill practice covers:
- Print Alphabet
This new edition features:
- Rules and examples for each language skill followed by targeted application activities and unit reviews
- Vocabulary and word study strategies and practice for challenging skills such as shades of meaning and real-life connections between words and their use
- Common Core Language Standards cited on activity pages for easy reference
- Review activities that ask students to apply skills in context and demonstrate higher-level thinking
- An easy-to-read answer key
This resource contains teacher support pages, reproducible student pages, and an answer key.
About the Seller
Since 1979, Evan-Moor Educational Publishers has provided educators with practical, creative, and engaging PreK–8 materials to support and enrich the core curriculum.
We strive to produce educational materials that are aligned with current standards and best educational practices—and with student interests and motivations. We pride ourselves on our ability to create products that not only build and reinforce basic and complex skills, but that develop a curiosity about the subjects in which those skills are taught.