Designed to take young readers through a whimsical, step-by-step journey through the bones of the human body, these books help kids to learn vocabulary and anatomy processes. But more important, help kids with Self Literacy, which means to gain essential knowledge of their bodies, with the ultimate goal to inspire self-confidence from the inside out.
What is included?
- Four Books — Filled with kid-friendly learning, rhymes, puzzles, games, and X-Ray Vision Glasses:
- - Bones of the Hand, Arm, and Shoulder
- - Bones of the Foot, Leg, and Pelvis
- - Bones of the Rib Cage and Spine
- - Bones of the Head, Face, and Neck
Who is it for?
- Ages 5 -7: This product is great for side by side learning.
- Ages 8 and up: School aged kids starting in the 2nd grade can experience the activities through independent learning.
- Parents and teachers love to participate in side-by-side learning and can use write-in quizzes to support the learning process.
About the creators
- Dr. Bonyfide's books were developed by a team of educators, health professionals, artists, and parents. Our goal is to bridge the gap between simplistic introductions to the body and dry textbooks to provide kids a complete and long-lasting knowledge of how their bodies work.
Quotes from our readers
- Ethan (8): "We have to go through all Dr. Bonyfide's books to be able to build this skeleton puzzle"
- - Nautilus Silver Award in the Children’s Illustrated Non-Fiction category for Dr. Bonyfide Presents: Bones of the Hand, Arm and Shoulder.
- - Tillywig Brain Child Award in the Games and Books and Magazines category for Dr Bonyfide Presents: Bones of the Rib Cage and Spine.
- - Parents' Choice Awards in the Books Spring 2016 Doing & Learning for Dr Bonyfide Presents: Bones of the Rib Cage and Spine.
- - National Parents Products Awards for the 4-book set!
- A Useful Way to Teach Your Child About Their Body and Mind - Monica Olivera from MommyMaestra
- Dr. Bonyfide’s Science Books Use X-Ray Glasses - Educents Blog
- Science Workbooks - Review and Giveaway - Amy Milcic from Busy Boys Brigade
About the Seller
Know Yourself is a Self Literacy company on a mission to prepare young people to understand their self worth. Know Yourself guides kids of all ages on their journey of self discovery to help them understand who they are physically, psychologically, and socially through fun, and dynamic educational products.
A team of educators, health professionals, parents, community activists, and artists of diverse backgrounds have come together to develop an original comic adventure to take kids through all sorts of engaging learning material and experiments.
Know Yourself is incorporated as a Public Benefit Company (PBC) and has made the pursuit of social values a key part of our mission and charter. We are committed to donating 5 percent of annual post-tax profits to organizations supporting the local community, the arts and education.
Nancy Howes founded Know Yourself in 2014. What started as a personal art project — inspired by her two inquisitive daughters — has transformed into a full-blown mission to teach children about their bodies and help them master their own well-being. Some folks will want to know that before founding Know Yourself, Nancy spent 25 years in the tech industry and that she holds a BFA in Metal Arts with High Distinction from the California College of the Arts (CCA) and a Masters in Education from Cambridge College in Cambridge, MA. What she wants you to know, however, is that she continues to be encouraged, challenged, and inspired by the creative force that is Know Yourself and is excited to come into work every single day.
“The launch of our company and this exciting adventure series is the next big step in the Self Literacy movement that’s changing the way children learn about their bodies at an early age,”— Nancy Howes, founder and CEO of Know Yourself.