It’s the Heart, Not the Hemline is a 5 week unit study on modesty from a biblical perspective for girls ages 8-14 years old. This study includes detailed daily lessons, scripture memory exercises, craft and activity prompts, as well as parent/child journals all offering a solid foundation leading towards wisdom in modesty. KJV and ESV translations are both included. Chapters include: What is Modesty, Modest Heart, Modest Speech, Modest Behavior, and Modest Appearance.
""One of the most challenging things about teaching our daughters to have a modest appearance is reaching their hearts. Without having a heart that desires modesty, it’s a list of rules and can turn legalistic for many girls. This study guide does an amazing job of exploring the heart of modesty, and not focusing on the rules behind modesty. You will also appreciate that the parents opinions are often sought for during this study. I highly recommend this for any daughter to go through!"" – Caroline Allen, The Modest Mom, owner of Deborah & CO.
Who is it for?
- 2nd Graders, (7 to 8-year-olds)
- 3rd Graders (8 to 9-year-olds)
- 4th Graders (9 to 10-year-olds)
- 5th Graders (10 to 11-year-olds)
- 6th Graders (11 to 12-year-olds)
- 7th Graders (12 to 13-year-olds)
- Lessons that focus on the heart of modesty and not a dress code.
- Memory verses
- Copywork in manuscript and cursive (KJV and ESV)
- Printable activities
- Journal pages
- Wall art
- Point of view from a 17 year old, young, godly lady on each topic