Editable historical fiction plans & handouts for English Language Arts grades 5 - 8.
Everything you need to guide your students through the process of writing a historical fiction story.
*No prep needed. Everything is already assembled!
*Guided, step-by-step instructions for both you and your students
*Rewriting & editing checklists
*Holistic and rubric grading forms
Help your students master the writing process by taking them through it step-by-step.
This persuasive essay packet includes....
1. Teacher instructions - complete instructions including content notes and suggested pacing
2. Student handout - a 16-page guide that walks the students through the writing process. This includes....
* Teaching them the key elements of a story
* Helping them choose a topic
* Guiding them through the research phase
* Helping them create a plot diagram, develop their characters, choose a point of view, etc.
* Giving them direction for writing a rough draft
* Providing them checklists to both rewrite then edit their drafts
3. Two grading options - both a hollistic and rubric grading form are provided with instructions for how to use each of them.
4. Sample story - the sample story provides inspiration and serves as an example for the students
The file also includes both a PDF and editable Word version of the file.
Let me know if you have any questions. You can also check out the sample to get a better feel for what the packet entails.
Also included in this series: Persuasive essay writing packet
Who is it for?
- 6th Graders (11 to 12-year-olds)
- 7th Graders (12 to 13-year-olds)
- 8th Graders (13 to 14-year-olds)
- 9th Graders (14 to 15-year-olds)
- 10th Graders (15 to 16-year-olds)
- 5th Graders (10 to 11-year-olds)