Your child can get a bang out of learning with our "now you see it, now you don't" action toy. The tug-boat themed Hammer Away! builds hand-eye coordination, agility, muscular strength, and experience with object permanence, color-matching, and cause-and-effect concepts. Includes 2 sided mallet with 2 different striking surfaces, and 4 colored balls.
14" x 7.25" x 7.625"/ 36 x 19 x 19 cm.
from 19 months+
· Can first use your hands to push the balls through and then as you develop, use the hammer.
· The hammer has 2 striking faces. Use the flat face first to build confidence, and then sharpen your accuracy with the rounded face.
· Enjoy imaginative play.
· Pounding play strengthens the entire arm, from the shoulder to the tips of the fingers, and develops tremendous coordination.
· Pounding play also provides for the release of energy in a positive way.
· The resulting rolling action teaches cause and effect, the gateway to problem-solving and experimentation.
· Learn object permanence, with the balls disappearing and reappearing on the track.
· Turn the flag on back to block the balls on the track.
· Identify and match the colors of the balls to the rings on top
· Distinguishing the blue from the purple ball helps refine color differentiation.
· Enjoy imaginative ocean-themed play with the tugboat design.
· Dr. Toy's 100 Best Products
· National Parenting Publications Awards
· Parenting Magazine
About the Seller
Discovery Toys is the premier learning toy company dedicated to helping children learn and grow through Pure Play. A trusted brand for over 35 years, we specialize in premium quality, kid-powered learning products for newborns through school aged children. The company began when an early childhood educator first brought together a group of dedicated teachers, mothers and parents to take on the important topic of education for children through play. Selling to groups of eager parents in the home, Discovery Toys, the network marketing / direct sales company, was born.
Discovery Toys products are designed with the understanding that children learn best through play. From birth to 8 years of age children learn through physically interacting with the environment using all of their senses to build new knowledge.
DT Toys combines in every toy with safety and quality standards beyond the national standards. As many of our customers and educational consultant representatives can testify, a Discovery Toys product is not a typical educational toy that you can find at your local toy shop.
Our Team works carefully with our design and manufacturing partners to incorporate a unique play experience into each of our products, an experience that stimulates multiple centers in the brain simultaneously, an experience that promotes both critical thinking AND open-ended imaginary play.