Who is it for?
- 2nd Graders, (7 to 8-year-olds)
- 1st Graders (6 to 7-year-olds)
- 3rd Graders (8 to 9-year-olds)
- 4th Graders (9 to 10-year-olds)
- Kindergarteners (5 to 6-year-olds)
- There are 48 cards (three sets of 16) included: Setting, Character, and Problem. I have provided traditional Halloween characters and problems but also alternatives for those that prefer to avoid witches and ghosts. You may wish to sort through and pull out particular cards before you start. *All cards are included in both color and line art.
Depending on the reading ability of your students, you may choose to use only the character and setting cards for Kinder or First Grade, but this center works well using all cards for 2nd-4th. For younger students you may want to let them intentionally choose cards. For a greater challenge you can have students choose story elements without looking. :)
Cards can be placed in a center, chosen and taken to student desk, or displayed in a pocket chart.
Four different writing paper options have also been provided to accommodate the needs of your class. Two full-lined pages one with a Halloween border and one with a pumpkin border; one partially lined page with room for drawing a picture at the top; and one partially lined page that has a space at the top for writing or drawing each of the three story elements that were chosen for the story. (This last option is helpful if they are choosing cards from just looking at them in a pocket chart.)
About the Seller
Texas certified Teacher and Librarian with classroom experience in grades K-5. Certifications in Reading Instruction, English as a Second Language, and Gifted and Talented. Wife, mom of two, and grandma of four precious children. Enjoys helping teachers and parents by sharing engaging learning ideas and time saving resources.