This resource is a combination of four guided reading levels appropriate for an average fourth grader. There are 597 pages of resources in this one download!
These four resources could be purchased separately. But, you will save $10.00 if you purchase them as a set!
Here are just a few of the resources included for each level:
* A detailed description of each of the steps in a guided reading lesson.
* A reproducible lesson plan form for guided reading.
* A list of objectives students should be able to complete independently at each level (this is a good list to consider when deciding if a student should move from a level to the next).
* 36-40 reading comprehension (fiction and nonfiction) and word work objectives that are appropriate for each specific reading level.
* Objective lists for fiction and nonfiction texts.
* “I Can” statements for each objective.
***** Every grade 4 Reading Informational, Reading Literature, and Reading Foundational standard is linked to more than one objective.
* 3-4 Suggested question prompts for each objective.
* Well over 100 Printable graphic organizers for teachers to easily assess students.
* Guided reading table cards with ‘I Can…’ statements, CCSS, and prompting questions in both color and black and white.
I have taught 6 years as a classroom teacher and 3 years as a reading specialist. I am currently working on creating instructional lessons for teachers full time. I also spend time as an independent consultant, modeling lessons and offering professional development in literacy instruction. I love my job and helping teachers!!
MY TEACHING STYLE
I take a constructivist, inquiry-based approach to learning. I believe students learn best when they think critically, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate their abilities. Students learn how to learn. They ask questions that are meaningful to them, play an active role in selecting and defining activities with their peers, direct their own learning, and build knowledge through a collaborative, social process.
* Bachelor's degree in elementary education grades 1-8 (University of Wisconsin- Oshkosh)
* Master's degree in reading education PreK-12 (University of South Alabama)
* Literacy Collaborative Coordinator (Lesley University, Cambridge, MA)