Finding an inspiring part-time job that fits your life
When it comes to finding a part-time job, start with an opportunity doing something you love. Many part-time jobs offer typical perks: extra income, flexible hours, the ability to work from home, etc. While it’s hard to say "no" to an opportunity with perks that's thrown your way, you may get complacent after a few weeks working an uninspiring job. If this sounds familiar to you, consider replacing your current gig with a part-time teaching position.
With a part-time teaching position, you can make money doing what you’re skilled in and what you love. It’s also a great way to keep your skills sharp, or build up your teaching resume if you’re currently out of the classroom or no longer homeschooling. Homeschoolers may not always think teaching is an option for them, but you may be surprised to learn some programs offer online teaching positions to both teachers and homeschoolers. Additionally, it can be difficult to find a teaching opportunity where you can work from home with flexible hours.
Teaching opportunities for parents, teachers, and homeschoolers
Here's a program that accepts both teachers and homeschoolers to do part-time teaching for online ESL courses. VIPKID recruits English speakers as independent contractors to deliver English lessons to Chinese children to create an elementary American educational experience. The program connects Chinese children with North American teachers and tutors for a 1-on-1 online live English class.
What makes VIPKID different from other teaching opportunities?
Teaching for VIPKID is easy, rewarding and fun. You will deliver an online class to an elementary student excited to learn English from you. VIPKID seeks to offer young Chinese children the engaging format of the North American elementary school experience. This gives you the freedom to integrate fun songs and more into the pre-planned lessons to keep the tutoring sessions engaging and teach your student about American culture.
Tutoring a child in another country is a rich and amazing opportunity that you will always remember.
Perks of Teaching for VIPKIDHere's a few perks to being a teacher in the VIPKID teaching community are virtually endless:
- Flexible Schedule? Check! You’re only asked to commit to a minimum of 7.5 hours per week, and if you have more time, you can always sign on for more.
- Good Money? Check! You can earn up to $22 per hour as a VIPKID teacher, making your work time count!
- Rewarding Teaching Experience? Check! If you’ve ever wanted to teach English in another country, but circumstances made it difficult, VIPKID is the perfect solution. You’ll be able to make a difference internationally without leaving comfort of your With VIPKID, you are also an important bridge between two cultures!
- Learning Experience? Check! This opportunity not only offers you the chance to teach a child about our culture, but you will be learning so much about Chinese culture throughout your VIPKID experience.
- Teacher Support? Check, check, check! Between the responsive support team, pre-made lesson plans, ideas for making your tutoring session engaging, and more, VIPKID is incredibly supportive of all teachers and does everything in their power to help you succeed.
Interested in learning more? With a bachelor’s degree, a year of teaching experience, and exposure to the American or Canadian education system, applying is quick and easy. (A year of homeschooling your child absolutely counts as a year of teaching experience!) Click here to learn more or apply, or reach out to [email protected] with any questions you have.