Visual models are provided in worksheets to help children understand the concept of multiplying a fraction by a whole number (ie fraction of a set). Exercises with similar pictorial aids are provided to guide kids on how to divide up the set into group in order to find the answer.
To help kids understand multiplying a fraction by a fraction (ie sub-set of a set), table grid pictorial aids are provided. They find the answer by doing counting from the grid in the first few exercises while learning about this math concept.
Children will proceed to work on exercises without pictorial aids once they understood the concept of multiplying fractions.
Who is it for?
- 4th Graders (9 to 10-year-olds)
- 5th Graders (10 to 11-year-olds)
- Math learners
Printable Worksheets (19 pages) comprise of:
- Examples of multiplying fractions by whole number and by a fraction
- Questions on finding the value based on fraction of a set and fraction of a fraction
- Visual pictorial aids to help child understand concept
- Answer keys
* Pictorial aids help child to visualize multiplying fraction concept.
* Based on Singapore Math curriculum; one of the best math teaching methods in the world.
* Print as many as you like.* Teach at any time. Print and bring it along during traveling or waiting in restaurant.
* Let your child learn at her own pace. Re-print any section if you need to reinforce any concept.
* Saves you time in preparing lesson plan. Comes with answers.
About the Seller
I am a Singaporean who uses one of the Best Math curriculum in the world - Singapore Mathematics (some call it Math In Focus) to coach my children at home. I advocate the importance of making math concept visible and concrete in order to help children learn abstract concept easily. Most of my math worksheets include pictorial models to make math concept visible to the learning child. Kids learn to solve problems with the aid of pictorial models before proceeding to work just on numeric terms.
Adopting the Math curriculum from Singapore and its teaching approach had proven to be effective for my kids. It has helped to build a strong math foundation for my children while they were in primary level. Both my daughter and son obtained 6/6 for their math in Cambridge Checkpoint Test for Key Stage 3. My daughter went on to obtain A* for her International General Certificate of Secondary Education Ordinary Level (IGCSE "O" level") Math. As such, I like to share these resources and urge teachers/parents to help children to lay a strong math foundation.
I like to make learning fun for kids. You can find many learning activities for kids and more information about me at my blog http://www.teachkidlearn.com
Stay in touch and Follow me on:
If you have any query with any of my products, please do drop me a note.