- 4th Graders (9 to 10-year-olds)
- 5th Graders (10 to 11-year-olds)
- Math learners
- Teachers, Parents looking to teach kid solve word problems by applying multiplying fraction (whole number) math concept.
Children learn word problem solving with a step-by-step approach. Word problems are interpreted as visual fraction and equation model. Children fill in the blank for answers based on visual fraction and equation representations provided.
When children understood the concept, they are required to solve the problem by providing visual and equation representations in their working.Kids are encouraged to learn to draw Visual Fraction Bar/Block Model. Drawing Bar/Block Model helps children to :
- express, interpret and understand word problem.
- visualize and solve problem easily.
This lesson plan worksheets (25 pages) comprise of:
- One-step story word problems- find the answer to the fractions of a whole number- find the original whole number when a fraction of the whole number is given
- Two-step story word problems
- Examples with visual fraction and equation representation instruction are provided in each section.
- Pictorial Aids such as fraction bar/block model representation to help child understand concept
- Answers to Problems
* Build strong problem solving skills.
* Pictorial aids help child to visualize word problems.
* Based on Singapore Math - based on Bar/Block Model Approach
* Print as many as you like.
* Teach at any time. Print and bring it along during traveling or waiting in restaurant.
* Let your child learn at her own pace. Re-print any section if you need to reinforce any concept.
* Saves you time in preparing lesson plan. Comes with answers.
About the Seller
I am a Singaporean who uses one of the Best Math curriculum in the world - Singapore Mathematics (some call it Math In Focus) to coach my children at home. I advocate the importance of making math concept visible and concrete in order to help children learn abstract concept easily. Most of my math worksheets include pictorial models to make math concept visible to the learning child. Kids learn to solve problems with the aid of pictorial models before proceeding to work just on numeric terms.
Adopting the Math curriculum from Singapore and its teaching approach had proven to be effective for my kids. It has helped to build a strong math foundation for my children while they were in primary level. Both my daughter and son obtained 6/6 for their math in Cambridge Checkpoint Test for Key Stage 3. My daughter went on to obtain A* for her International General Certificate of Secondary Education Ordinary Level (IGCSE "O" level") Math. As such, I like to share these resources and urge teachers/parents to help children to lay a strong math foundation.
I like to make learning fun for kids. You can find many learning activities for kids and more information about me at my blog http://www.teachkidlearn.com
Stay in touch and Follow me on:
If you have any query with any of my products, please do drop me a note.