Learn to add two like fractions (same denominators) with visual model before proceeding to add without visual aid. Upon mastering adding two like fractions, child proceeds to add up to three like fractions.
Children will also learn to add unlike fractions (different denominators) with visual model aid. They will revise the equivalent fraction with the help of visual model. It reinforces the concept of equivalent fractions along adding unlike fractions.
At the end, kids are challenged to add 3 unlike fractions without visual model aid. They need to show their workings on how to derive the answers. This is to ensure they can work without visual aids and just numeric fraction in the long term.Visual model bar are used to help kids familiar with model bar representation. It serves to build a solid foundation for children to solve word problem when moving to higher level under Singapore Math Model Approach.
Who is it for?
- 3rd Graders
- 4th Graders
- Math learners
- Printable Worksheets (12 pages):
- Adding fractions Problems
- Visual fraction model to help child to visualize concept
- Answer Key
* Lay strong fraction concept foundation.
* Visual models help child to visualize concept.
* Based on Singapore Math curriculum, one of the best math teaching method in the World.
* Print as many as you like.
* Teach at any time. Print and bring it along during traveling or waiting in restaurant.
* Let your child learn at her own pace. Re-print any section if you need to reinforce any concept.
* Saves you time in preparing lesson plan. Comes with answers.
About the Seller
I am a Singaporean who uses one of the Best Math curriculum in the world - Singapore Math (some call it Math In Focus) to coach my children at home. I advocate the importance of making math concept visible and concrete in order to help children learn abstract concept easily. Most of my math worksheets include pictorial models to make math concept visible to the learning child. Kids learn to solve problems with the aid of pictorial models before proceeding to work just on numeric terms.
Adopting the Singapore Math curriculum and this teaching approach had proven to be effective for my kids. In the Cambridge Primary Checkpoint Test for Key Stage 2, my son obtained 5.9/6 for most of the math topics. He got an average of 5.4 for overall in math. My girl obtained 6/6 for her math in Cambridge Checkpoint Test for Key Stage 3 and A* for her IGCSE "O" level. As such, I like to share these resources and urge teachers/parents to help children to lay a strong math foundation.
I like to make learning fun for kids. You can find many learning activities for kids and more information about me at my blog http://www.teachkidlearn.com
Stay in touch and Follow me on:
If you have any query with any of my products, please do drop me a note.