Fraction wall is introduced in the beginning for kid to refer visually when comparing a set of two fractions. Visualizing different fraction sizes is important. It helps to lay a strong concept foundation for the child when he needs to generate equivalent fraction to make comparison.
Examples with instruction are then provided to show how to change unlike fractions into same denominators before comparison can be made. This is done by checking back fraction wall to help child relate equivalent fractions visually.
A step by step approach is adopted. Child needs to fill in missing denominators and numerators when using equivalent fractions to compare a set of three fractions. Then child is guided to compare fractions based on common denominators before arranging fractions in order.
Lastly, kid practices learned skill by identifying fractions without fraction wall and is expected to work just on numeric terms.
Who is it for?
- 3rd Graders
- 4th Graders
- Math learners
Printable Worksheets (18 pages):
- To Compare and Arrange fractions Problems
- Instruction with examples are provided
- Fraction wall to help child to visualize concept
- Answers to Problems
* Lay strong fraction concept foundation.
* Pictorial aids help child to visualize different fraction sizes.
* Based on Singapore Math curriculum, one of the best math teaching method in the world.
* Print as many as you like.
* Teach at any time. Print and bring it along during traveling or waiting in restaurant.
* Let your child learn at her own pace. Re-print any section if you need to reinforce any concept.
* Saves you time in preparing lesson plan. Comes with answers.