Identifying Fractions Set #2
The objective of these fraction task cards is for students to practice:
- identifying the number of shaded parts and the number of equal parts in a shape
- comparing pictorial and numerical fractions
- writing a fraction using mathematical notation
Who is it for?
- 2nd Graders, (7 to 8-year-olds)
- 3rd Graders (8 to 9-year-olds)
- Math learners
- There are 24 task cards (in color and repeated in black/grey and white), a recording sheet, and an answer key. It is suggested that the cards be copied on card stock and laminated to improve the durability and longevity of this resource.
Options for use:
Place cards around the room to incorporate movement during math centers.
Play “Scoot” as a whole class.
Use as an independent center activity. Cards can be used in a designated space or taken to student desks.