Use the familiar old song Five Little Monkeys to teach literacy and math!
This resource contains retelling and role play activities as well as simple subtraction so you can carry this old favorite across the curriculum and differentiate for various learners.
- poem chart
- original song based on Five Little Monkeys
- sentence strips for sequencing the poem (color and B&W)
- monkey picture cards to match with sentence strips
- pieces to make headbands for retelling (color and B&W)
- pieces to make hand held story telling sticks for retelling (color and B&W)
- counting/number word worksheet
- simple subtraction worksheet
- number and operation cards to create subtraction sentences as you retell