Navigating the world of dating and relationships can be challenging for anyone. Individuals with special needs may have greater difficulty understanding these complex concepts in life.
The Finding my way through Dating and Relationships Same Sex Series Social Story Set helps to break down this subject to help young adults with Autism and other developmental disabilities and special needs better understand the social rules of dating and relationships with others.
Social stories are short illustrated books that help teach individuals, affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), the specific social "rules" or "norms" that are generally accepted in society. Each set is a self-contained comprehensive teaching solution that comes with an integrated set of tools, including a teaching guide. These products are designed to work in conjunction with each other to teach a student the foundational social skills necessary for building success and independence.
• Simplified text and realistic illustrations facilitate easier understanding
• Breaks down a difficult subject matter and makes learning easier
• Defines key terms associated with dating and relationships in easy-to-understand language
The Special Learning Social Story Set includes:
• Full page illustrated social story coded by skill(s) and age
• Portable social rule cards to provide additional teaching support when on the go