Who is it for?
- Kindergarteners (5 to 6-year-olds)
- 1st Graders (6 to 7-year-olds)
- 2nd Graders, (7 to 8-year-olds)
- 3rd Graders (8 to 9-year-olds)
- 4th Graders (9 to 10-year-olds)
- There are 56 cards included in this writing center: Setting (16), Character (24), and Problem (16). ALL cards are provided in color and line art. Students draw one from each set to use in writing a creative story.
Depending on the reading ability of your students, you may choose to use only the character and setting cards for Kinder or First Grade, but this center works well using all
cards for 2nd- 4th.
Cards can be placed in a center, chosen and taken to student desk, or displayed in a pocket chart. You can let students choose their own cards or draw them for a greater challenge.
Four different bordered writing paper options have also been provided to accommodate the needs of your class. Two full-lined pages, one partially lined page with room for drawing a picture at the top; and one partially lined page that has a space at the top for writing or drawing each of the three story elements that were chosen for the story. (This last option is helpful if they are choosing cards from just looking at them in a pocket chart.)
About the Seller
Texas certified Teacher and Librarian with classroom experience in grades K-5. Certifications in Reading Instruction, English as a Second Language, and Gifted and Talented. Wife, mom of two, and grandma of four precious children. Enjoys helping teachers and parents by sharing engaging learning ideas and time saving resources.