Teaching Aesop's Fables? Then this is the unit you need! I've created both reading and writing activities accompanied by a lap book project that your students will love, AND that can be used with any fable.
Aesop's Fables- Teaching Aesop's Fables? Then this is the unit you need! I've created both reading and writing activities accompanied by a lap book project that your students will love, AND that can be used with any fable.
Here’s a brief overview: • Directions on how to assemble a lap book are in a photo tutorial, along with all the materials you'll need. I tried to be very clear!
• Use the “What Are Fables?” and “Who was Aesop?” mini-posters for building background.
• I chose to focus this unit on the following skills: story elements and vocabulary of the fable genre, the moral or lesson of a fable, analyzing characters and their unique traits, personification, point of view, problem/solution and creative writing.
• The CCSS for grades 2-4 are at the bottom of this page for lesson planning purposes.
• I’ve included some of my favorite graphic organizers to use for the different skills in this unit.
• The materials you’ll need to have your students write their own fable are all included.
• You may wish to use the lap book as an ongoing unit organizer or as a culminating project. There are many creative possibilities!
• The blank Fable Story Elements Acrostic flap book works well with helping students solidify their thinking about the genre. Have them write one thing they learned about fables for each letter in the word fable.
Feel free to message me with any questions before you purchase. I will reply quickly!
As always, thank you so much for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated!
-Emily Gibbons, The Literacy Nest www.theliteracynest.com
Be the first to review this product!
About the Seller
I was a classroom teacher for over 12 years. I am now a WAHMom of 3. I also work with children who need dyslexia remediation on a 1:1 basis. Creating literacy materials to fit all kinds of readers is my passion!