Who is it for?
- 3rd Graders (8 to 9-year-olds)
- 4th Graders (9 to 10-year-olds)
- 5th Graders (10 to 11-year-olds)
- 6th Graders (11 to 12-year-olds)
- You’ve learned about Columbus and da Gama, but what about Alaminos, Bellingshausen, and Fawcett? Explorers A-Z Notebooking takes you on a journey through lesser-known expeditions, led by men whose names you may not have heard but whose discoveries were important to all those who came after them. A short history of each explorer is provided along with notebooking pages to record information and research or essay questions to complete. This unit looks at the following explorers and expeditions: Antonio Alaminos, Fabian von Bellingshausen, Pedro da Covilha, Semyon Dezhnev, Edward John Eyre, Percy Harrison Fawcett, Marie Joseph Garnier, Sven Hedin, John and Sebastian Cabot, Giovanni da Verrazano, Alejandro Malaspina, Matthew C. Perry, Kublai Khan, Jakob Le Maire, Robert John McClure, Gustav Nachtigal, Francisco de Orellana, Vincente Pinzon, Pedrode Quiros, Jacob Roggeveen, Georg August Schweinfurth, Abel Janszoon Tasman, Francisco de Ulloa, George Vancouver, Samuel Wallis, Francisco Xeres, Yermak Timofeyevich, and Dr. Livingstone’s exploration of the Zambezi River. 30 pages total.
About the Seller
Bonnie Rose Hudson works as the Executive Editor of SchoolhouseTeachers.com, the curriculum site of The Old Schoolhouse Magazine®. Her heart’s desire is for every child to feel the love of God and know how special they are to Him. She would love for you to stop by her author’s blog WriteBonnieRose.com for resources to help teach your children about missions and the persecuted Church, free history and writing printables, and to discover how you can write for the homeschool market.