This is a NO PREP packet of printables that support the reading and writing work you have done in your classroom all year. Your students will LOVE the games, group work, puzzles and more!
Included in this resource are:
* 6 Reflection pages to think about all the learning done throughout the year.
* 20 printable, no prep puzzles (with answer keys, when appropriate)
* 5 printable, no prep writing prompts PLUS 5 writing paper options
* 2 game ideas to play with the class or small groups as a review or just for fun!
* 4 no prep small group activities
Some ideas for when to use the pages in this resource include:
* As daily morning work to review reading and writing skills from the year
* During guided reading small groups
* During independent reading time
* To work with partners and small groups
* As an assessment for teachers to know what students have learned as readers and writers
* As an exit slip for review
* As homework review sheets
* As a quick and fun 10 minute time filler.
* As ‘when you’re finished’ additional work for students
* To send home as a summer fun learning packet!
Copyright © 2014 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
About the Seller
I have taught 6 years as a classroom teacher and 3 years as a reading specialist. I am currently working on creating instructional lessons for teachers full time. I also spend time as an independent consultant, modeling lessons and offering professional development in literacy instruction. I love my job and helping teachers!!
I take a constructivist, inquiry-based approach to learning. I believe students learn best when they think critically, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate their abilities. Students learn how to learn. They ask questions that are meaningful to them, play an active role in selecting and defining activities with their peers, direct their own learning, and build knowledge through a collaborative, social process.
* Bachelor's degree in elementary education grades 1-8 (University of Wisconsin- Oshkosh)
* Master's degree in reading education PreK-12 (University of South Alabama)
* Literacy Collaborative Coordinator (Lesley University, Cambridge, MA)