Award-winning Guitar Lessons! Learn How to Play Guitar - Acoustic or Electric
eMedia Guitar Method makes it easy for anyone to learn guitar. This best-selling guitar instruction software features step-by-step lessons from University of Colorado-Boulder’s Kevin Garry, Ph.D. New Interactive Feedback listens to your playing and shows you whether you are playing chords or notes correctly to help you learn faster.
Over 190 easy-to-follow guitar lessons take you from basics such as holding, stringing, and tuning your guitar to playing chords, strumming patterns, and fingerpicking. Also covers reading guitar tabs and standard music notation, playing by ear, and much more. eMedia Guitar Method teaches with songs in a variety of genres including rock, blues, folk, country, and classical – making learning fun and enjoyable. Learn how to play over 70 great guitar songs including hits such as “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” by Bob Dylan, “Imagine” from John Lennon, and “Rock’n Me” by Steve Miller!
eMedia Guitar Method is the most complete guitar instruction software available today.
"The ultimate way to learn how to play guitar!"
- Peter Frampton, multi-platinum guitarist
"One of the best programs we've seen in the music-teaching software category."
- PC Magazine, Editor’s Choice
“…the program ably sets the student on the right path.”
- The New York Times
Features in eMedia Guitar Method v6 include:
• New – Expanded Interactive Feedback now provides feedback on both chords you strum and melodies you play – helping you learn faster.
• New – Performance Evaluation gives your song playing a score in either a 5-star rating system or as a percentage so you can gauge your progress as you improve.
• New – Ear Training lesson chapter helps you learn to play by ear.
• New – Play along with live-recorded band Jam Tracks all throughout the course.
• New – Updated modern, easy-to-use, and cleaner-looking user interface.
• Over 190 guitar lessons by Kevin Garry, Ph.D., award-winning guitarist and Professor of Music, cover rock, blues, folk, and classical to teach you how to play guitar in a variety of styles.
• eMedia’s Animated Fretboard makes seeing fingerings for chords and notes easy, with Note and Finger Tracker technology that shows notes you play on the animated fretboard and as standard music notation.
• More than 50 videos, with split-screen view and close-ups of both hands.
Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10
2.5 GHz CPU / 8 GB RAM (recommended for interactive features)
CD-ROM or Download
Mac OS X 10.5 or later
CD-ROM or Download
Internet connection recommended for online activation.
About the Seller
eMedia Music Corporation is the world’s leading publisher of educational music software, apps, and DVDs. eMedia’s products have been critically acclaimed by sources such as Newsweek, Guitar World, The Wall Street Journal, and PC Magazine and have been endorsed by guitar legends, including Nancy Wilson of Heart and Peter Frampton. Formed in 1994 by Adrian Burton, formerly of Microsoft Multimedia Publishing, eMedia is dedicated to producing high quality software that gives everyone access to the joy of making music by combining:
Experienced and Accredited Instructors – Our featured instructors have decades of teaching experience, advanced degrees, and training from top music institutions such as the Juilliard School of Music.
Proven, Developed Curriculum – eMedia’s curriculum for each program is custom developed by the featured instructor in collaboration with educational software and user interface experts, resulting in an easy-to-follow, interactive experience. We constantly refine and develop our curricula to make them as effective and engaging as possible. Over one million people have learned with eMedia music software, and it is used in hundreds of schools.
eMedia Music Education Technology – Our innovative and groundbreaking technology greatly enhances learning. Animated instruments show you exactly what you should be playing, and Music Tracking shows you exactly where you should be playing. Instant Feedback listens to you play and gives real time feedback, and Performance Evaluation lets you see where you made mistakes so you can correct them and progress faster.
Popular Songs – eMedia’s song-oriented approach makes learning more enjoyable. Hit songs, such as Bob Dylan’s “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” and John Lennon’s “Imagine,” help keep students engaged and motivated.