Award-winning Guitar Lesson Software Teaches How to Play Guitar - Both Acoustic and Electric.
The best-selling eMedia Guitar Method, featuring guitar lessons from University of Colorado-Boulder's Kevin Garry, Ph.D., is the most complete guitar instruction software available today. Plus eMedia interactive music technologies make learning easier, so you learn how to play guitar faster.
Over 180 easy-to-follow guitar lessons take you from basics, such as how to tune a guitar and play simple chords, to fingerpicking, how to read guitar tabs and music notation, and more. Interactive Feedback on melodies, which is unique to this method, helps you learn quickly. Over 70 easy guitar songs, including hits such as "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" and "Rock'n Me" make learning fun!
- More than 50 videos, with split-screen view and close-ups of both hands, show you the techniques needed to learn how to play guitar.
- Over 180 guitar lessons by Kevin Garry, Ph.D, award-winning guitarist and Professor of Music, cover rock, blues, folk and classical to teach you how to play guitar in a variety of styles.
- Integrated guitar software tools include an automatic guitar tuner, chord chart/dictionary, fingering charts, and metronome.
- eMedia's Animated Fretboard shows fingerings for chords and notes.
- Note Tracker and Finger Tracker technology displays the notes you're playing in staff notation and on the Animated Fretboard as the guitar software listens to your playing via the computer microphone. Students even see correctly played notes in melodies highlighted as they play them.
- Easy guitar lessons for beginners teach you how to read guitar tabs (tablature), easy chords and guitar notes (music notation).
- Over 70 songs, including hits made famous by Bob Dylan, Steve Miller, the Rolling Stones, and others to make guitar lessons fun!
- Songs and exercises appear as both audio and MIDI tracks that can be looped, slowed down, or sped up.
About the Seller
eMedia Music Corporation is the world’s leading publisher of educational music software, apps, and DVDs. eMedia’s products have been critically acclaimed by sources such as Newsweek, Guitar World, The Wall Street Journal, and PC Magazine and have been endorsed by guitar legends, including Nancy Wilson of Heart and Peter Frampton. Formed in 1994 by Adrian Burton, formerly of Microsoft Multimedia Publishing, eMedia is dedicated to producing high quality software that gives everyone access to the joy of making music by combining:
Experienced and Accredited Instructors – Our featured instructors have decades of teaching experience, advanced degrees, and training from top music institutions such as the Juilliard School of Music.
Proven, Developed Curriculum – eMedia’s curriculum for each program is custom developed by the featured instructor in collaboration with educational software and user interface experts, resulting in an easy-to-follow, interactive experience. We constantly refine and develop our curricula to make them as effective and engaging as possible. Over one million people have learned with eMedia music software, and it is used in hundreds of schools.
eMedia Music Education Technology – Our innovative and groundbreaking technology greatly enhances learning. Animated instruments show you exactly what you should be playing, and Music Tracking shows you exactly where you should be playing. Instant Feedback listens to you play and gives real time feedback, and Performance Evaluation lets you see where you made mistakes so you can correct them and progress faster.
Popular Songs – eMedia’s song-oriented approach makes learning more enjoyable. Hit songs, such as Bob Dylan’s “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” and John Lennon’s “Imagine,” help keep students engaged and motivated.