eMedia Guitar Method Deluxe includes everything you need to learn to play with 355 audio- and video-enhanced lessons and over 150 songs. Also included are an automatic tuner, metronome, recorder, 1000-chord dictionary, a scale-directory and more. eMedia Guitar Method, included in eMedia Guitar Method Deluxe, has received top ratings and honors from PC Magazine (Editors’ Choice), Guitar Player, Guitar One and Newsweek (Top 50 CD-ROMs of the Year). eMedia Intermediate Guitar Method takes your playing to the next level and has received praise from guitarists and guitar teachers alike. Guitar icon Peter Frampton says, “This is the ultimate way to learn how to play guitar! You learn at your own pace, and it’s easy for anybody.”
Who is it for?
- Everyone from 5th grade to adults
- Over 350 Step-by-Step Guitar Lessons - The easy-to-follow lessons start with the basics, such as stringing the guitar, and move to playing simple chords and strumming styles, including modern rock strumming and power chords. They continue on with reading tablature, playing melodies, fingerpicking, and standard music notation. The intermediate volume moves on with additional techniques in exciting solos, barre chords, fingerstyle guitar, scales and improvisation. Your teacher is professional guitarist Kevin Garry, Ph.D., from the University of Colorado at Boulder. The excellent teaching he offers will get you playing quickly!
- Interactive Music to Learn Great Songs - The included songs in a variety of genres (including Rock, Blues, Folk, Country, and Classical) make learning fun and memorable! Song looping lets you highlight and repeat any section of music you wish to practice. Slow the music down with variable-speed MIDI tracks! Highlighting of the music and lyrics as they’re heard makes it easy to follow along on guitar. Our latest version includes dynamic, enhanced, multi-track audio playback of hit songs popularized by well-known artists, such as:
- Bob Dylan ("Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door")
- Eric Clapton/The Rolling Stones ("Spoonful")
- Jim Croce ("Time in a Bottle")
- Bob Dylan/Jimi Hendrix ("All Along the Watchtower")
- Johnny Cash ("Drive On")
- Rolling Stones/The Doors ("Little Red Rooster")
- The Steve Miller Band ("Rock’n Me" and "Jet Airliner")
- Heart ("Dreamboat Annie")
- Rod Stewart/Tom Waits ("Downtown Train")
- The Grateful Dead ("Uncle John’s Band")
- Also included are popular songs, including “Scarborough Fair,” “La Bamba,” “Midnight Special,” “Ode to Joy,” “Minuet,” “Greensleeves,” “House of the Rising Sun” and many others (Guitar Method songlist, Intermediate Guitar Method songlist).
- Interactive Feedback on Your Playing - Instant Feedback shows you when you play the correct notes on your guitar as you progress through an exercise. With a microphone connected to your computer and a guitar in your hand, play the notes in the exercise (or song) on any screen featuring the “ear” icon in the upper right corner and the computer will highlight the notes for you in green. You’ll discover that reading tablature and music notation is easier than you ever thought possible!
- Note and Finger Tracker - The Note Tracker and Finger Tracker tools makes it easier to see what note you’re playing by displaying the note as music notation and on eMedia’s Animated Fretboard. You’ll be able to correct your playing quickly and learn to read music fast!
- Interactive Flash Card Quizzes - After you’ve been prepped with exercises designed to teach you to read tablature and notation, try the interactive flash card quizzes to reinforce what you have learned. Flash Quizzes in Guitar Method utilize our Pitch Tracking technology to detect notes played on your acoustic guitar!
- Over 80 Guitar Lesson Videos - Professional guitar instructor Kevin Garry, Ph.D., guides you in over 80 videos with demonstrations of techniques – now larger, with enhanced quality! Many of the videos include split-screen displays with close-ups for a clearer perspective. You can even view them in full-screen mode if you want to.
About the Seller
eMedia Music Corporation is the world’s leading publisher of educational music software, apps, and DVDs. eMedia’s products have been critically acclaimed by sources such as Newsweek, Guitar World, The Wall Street Journal, and PC Magazine and have been endorsed by guitar legends, including Nancy Wilson of Heart and Peter Frampton. Formed in 1994 by Adrian Burton, formerly of Microsoft Multimedia Publishing, eMedia is dedicated to producing high quality software that gives everyone access to the joy of making music by combining:
Experienced and Accredited Instructors – Our featured instructors have decades of teaching experience, advanced degrees, and training from top music institutions such as the Juilliard School of Music.
Proven, Developed Curriculum – eMedia’s curriculum for each program is custom developed by the featured instructor in collaboration with educational software and user interface experts, resulting in an easy-to-follow, interactive experience. We constantly refine and develop our curricula to make them as effective and engaging as possible. Over one million people have learned with eMedia music software, and it is used in hundreds of schools.
eMedia Music Education Technology – Our innovative and groundbreaking technology greatly enhances learning. Animated instruments show you exactly what you should be playing, and Music Tracking shows you exactly where you should be playing. Instant Feedback listens to you play and gives real time feedback, and Performance Evaluation lets you see where you made mistakes so you can correct them and progress faster.
Popular Songs – eMedia’s song-oriented approach makes learning more enjoyable. Hit songs, such as Bob Dylan’s “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” and John Lennon’s “Imagine,” help keep students engaged and motivated.