Your kids will laugh at these crazy limericks written by Edward Lear in the 19th century. Includes copywork in eight different handwriting formats.
In the 19th century, Edward Lear wrote rhyming poems about zany people doing goofy things. He called them "nonsense," but today we call them "limericks." Edward Lear's Limericks Copywork contains a collection of some of those wacky verses along with a number of the original illustrations drawn by Lear himself.
Homeschooling with a Touch of Class copywork is designed to provide you with copy material for children at various stages of handwriting development as well as bonus features for making handwriting practice fun.
The copywork text is printed in 8 different handwriting formats. They are:
- dotted traditional manuscript without rule lines,
- dotted traditional manuscript with primary lines,
- solid traditional manuscript with blank primary lines for copying,
- solid traditional manuscript with blank standard lines for copying,
- dotted traditional cursive without rule lines,
- dotted traditional cursive with primary lines,
- solid traditional cursive with blank primary lines for copying,
- solid traditional cursive with blank standard lines for copying.
To make copywork a more enjoyable experience, these extra features have been included:
- Black and white illustrations for children to color.
- Suggestions for fun copywork projects.
- A list of classical music selections for children to listen to while copying the text.
These have been developed to not only take the stress out of handwriting practice, but to also address the needs of children with different learning styles.
Appropriate for grade 1 and up.
Note that this copywork is suitable for Charlotte Mason and classical education as well as other teaching methods.
Looking for more copywork? Check out these titles:
A Mad Tea Party Copywork
Canticle of the Sun Copywork
Nonsense Verse Copywork
More Nonsense Verse Copywork
Raggedy Ann Copywork
Rhyming Riddles Copywork
More Rhyming Riddles Copywork
The Teachings of St. Patrick Copywork
Tongue Twisters Copywork