1. Diggin’ Up Words: (R-Controlled Vowel Activity) Students dig out words (you can use rice or sand) and then record the words. I have included sheets for -ar, -or, -ir, -ur, and -er. (Pages 3-9)
2. Scrambled Stegosaurus: Students unscramble the r controlled vowel word. (Pages 10-12)
3. Velociraptor Vowels: Students sort the short vowel words. (Pages 13-16)
4. Create a Word: Make words from the letters in the word “DINOSAURS” (Pages 17-19)
5. Searching for Syllables: Students sort words by syllables. (Pages 20-24)
6. Brachiosaurus Blends: Students sort words by beginning blend. (Pages 25-29)
7. Ankylosaurus ABC Order: Students place dinosaur vocabulary words in ABC order. (Pages 30-32)
8. Uncovering Contractions: Student’s find the two words that make up the contraction. (Pages 33-36)
9. Carnivorous Compound Words: Students find the two words that combine to make the compound word. (Pages 37-40)
10. Types of Words with T-Rex: Students sort nouns, verbs, and adjectives. (Pages 41-44)
I have also included black and white copies of all of the pages. These pages are NOT included in the total page count!
About the Seller
Hi, I'm Stephany from Primary Possibilities. I am a first grade teacher in Indiana. I am in my 10th year of teaching. Prior to teaching first grade I was a Reading Specialist specializing in interventions for struggling readers! I love creating fun, engaging materials for my students. Thanks for visiting my store!