Who is it for?
- Kindergarteners (5 to 6-year-olds)
- 1st Graders (6 to 7-year-olds)
- Students with special needs or learning disabilities
Included in the Dental Health Write the Room resource are:
- 12 cards in both color and black-line with word labels
- 3 response/recording sheets
- extension page to write original sentences and illustrate
- answer card
How to use Dental Health Write the Room:
- The activity can be easily differentiated by choosing among the three response sheets.
- There is an extension page for writing sentences and drawing a picture.
- Kids love to use clipboards and pencils when they circulate the room to find the cards.
- An alternate strategy is to keep the cards in a basket and use them as task cards for the same activities.
About the Seller
An experienced teacher of 30+ years, I'm pleased to be here among so many talented teacherpreneurs.
For the past 12 years I have taught 3 to 5 year-olds in a Developmental Preschool classroom in an IL public school. Previously I taught general education students in grades 2, 4, 6, and 8. I've also taught students in special education classrooms (self-contained and resource) in grades K-3; 6-8; and high school.
For me, learning is all about making connections to our everyday lives. For the little ones, everything we do has a connection because the world of reading, writing, counting, computing is unfolding each and every day. For the older kids, my favorite question to answer was, "What's this got to do with my life?"
I'm a big picture sort of person by nature, but being a special education teacher has allowed me to hone my skills of task analysis. Enticing kids into stories and activities is my goal - make it fun and include movement! My job as a teacher of little ones with developmental delays permits me to be creative every day.