Each week of problems for first grade centers on a different animal. Accurate facts about the animal are presented to make the problems more realistic.
Mathematic skills practiced include:
- addition and subtraction facts
- column addition
- 2- and 3-digit addition and subtraction
- counting by 2s, 5s, and 10s
- reading and interpreting graphs and charts
- reading and writing numbers and number words
About the Seller
Since 1979, Evan-Moor Educational Publishers has provided educators with practical, creative, and engaging PreK–8 materials to support and enrich the core curriculum.
We strive to produce educational materials that are aligned with current standards and best educational practices—and with student interests and motivations. We pride ourselves on our ability to create products that not only build and reinforce basic and complex skills, but that develop a curiosity about the subjects in which those skills are taught.