Help your 6th grader make a smooth transition to 7th grade by keeping his or her skills sharp over the summer. Full-color pages and a variety of brief but challenging activities provide skills practice in all the main subject areas, including reading comprehension, writing, vocabulary, grammar, math, spelling, and geography.
With just one or two activities per day over a 10-week period, Daily Summer Activities keeps your student's brain in shape without getting in the way of vacation time.
Each week includes:
- 2 fiction or nonfiction reading passages with 4 comprehension questions each
- 12 spelling words
- 2 activities practicing a variety of grammar and usage skills
- 1 sentence-editing activity to correct capitalization, punctuation, and other errors
- 1 vocabulary activity practicing skills such as compound words, word parts, synonyms, and homographs
- 3 math activities practicing skills such as word problems, fractions, decimals, and measurement
- 1 geography activity testing basic map-reading skills and concepts
- 2 creative writing exercises
- 1 critical-thinking activity
- record form to jot down memorable moments and keep a reading log
The book also includes an easy-to-read chart showing you exactly which skills your student will be practicing in each subject area every week.
About the Seller
Since 1979, Evan-Moor Educational Publishers has provided educators with practical, creative, and engaging PreK–8 materials to support and enrich the core curriculum.
We strive to produce educational materials that are aligned with current standards and best educational practices—and with student interests and motivations. We pride ourselves on our ability to create products that not only build and reinforce basic and complex skills, but that develop a curiosity about the subjects in which those skills are taught.