Help your 5th grader make a smooth transition to 6th grade by keeping his or her skills sharp over the summer. Full-color pages and a variety of brief but challenging activities provide skills practice in all the main subject areas, including reading comprehension, writing, vocabulary, grammar, math, spelling, and geography.
With just one or two activities per day over a 10-week period, Daily Summer Activities keeps your student's brain in shape without getting in the way of vacation time.
Each week includes:
- 2 fiction or nonfiction reading passages with 4 comprehension questions each
- 12 spelling words
- 2 activities practicing a variety of grammar and usage skills
- 1 sentence-editing activity to correct capitalization, punctuation, and other errors
- 1 vocabulary activity practicing skills such as compound words, word parts, synonyms, and homographs
- 3 math activities practicing skills such as word problems, fractions, decimals, and measurement
- 1 geography activity testing basic map-reading skills and concepts
- 2 creative writing exercises
- 1 critical-thinking activity
- record form to jot down memorable moments and keep a reading log
The book also includes an easy-to-read chart showing you exactly which skills your student will be practicing in each subject area every week.
Since 1979, Evan-Moor Educational Publishers has provided educators with practical, creative, and engaging PreK–8 materials to support and enrich the core curriculum.
We strive to produce educational materials that are aligned with current standards and best educational practices—and with student interests and motivations. We pride ourselves on our ability to create products that not only build and reinforce basic and complex skills, but that develop a curiosity about the subjects in which those skills are taught.
Your product will be shipped within 24-72 hours after your purchase unless otherwise stated below.
The shipping method of your order is at the discretion of the Seller(s). Shipping to P.O. Boxes within the Continental US is accepted, unless otherwise stated in the deal.
At this time, Educents offers limited options to Hawaii, Alaska, Canada or international destinations.
Please review the "Shipping Information by Location" chart here!
Should any given delivery carrier have to re-route a package due to incorrectly supplied delivery information, a flat fee of $15.00 will be incurred and charged to you.
For a complete description of Educents shipping & return policies, click HERE.
Educents offers over 8,000 downloadable products that do not require shipping charges. CLICK HERE to check them out!