Moving from fourth to fifth grade can be a big transition. Daily Summer Activities, Moving from Fourth to Fifth Grade can help make it easier. The many exercises it contains, while brief, add just the right amount of complexity to keep children challenged.
Language Arts practice:
- two stories with comprehension questions each week
- sentences to correct for capitalization, punctuation, and grammar
- 12 spelling words to learn each week
- alphabetical order
- parts of speech
- synonyms, antonyms, and homophones
- prefixes and suffixes
- multiplication and division facts
- word problems
- up to four-digit addition and subtraction with borrowing and carrying
- dividing by one digit
- multiplication by one and two digits
- map symbols
- map reading
- cursive handwriting practice
- creative writing activities
- practice cards for multiplication and division facts through the nines
About the Seller
Since 1979, Evan-Moor Educational Publishers has provided educators with practical, creative, and engaging PreK–8 materials to support and enrich the core curriculum.
We strive to produce educational materials that are aligned with current standards and best educational practices—and with student interests and motivations. We pride ourselves on our ability to create products that not only build and reinforce basic and complex skills, but that develop a curiosity about the subjects in which those skills are taught.