Second Grade is on the horizon and young learners will have fun preparing for it with Daily Summer Activities, Moving from First to Second Grade. The many exercises it contains, while brief, add just the right amount of complexity to keep children challenged.
Language Arts practice:
- a fiction and a nonfiction story with comprehension questions each week
- sentences to correct for capitalization, punctuation, and grammar
- manuscript handwriting practice
- creative writing activities
- 6 spelling words to learn each week
- addition and subtraction facts
- word problems
- two-digit addition and subtraction, without borrowing and carrying
Language skills such as:
- alphabetical order
- nouns and verbs
- synonyms and antonyms
- vowel sounds
- map symbols
- reading simple maps
As someone who has already tried the series said:
Daily Summer Activities helps our students use what they have learned and prepares them for success in the coming school year.
_Elementary School Principal, Greeley, CO .
About the Seller
Since 1979, Evan-Moor Educational Publishers has provided educators with practical, creative, and engaging PreK–8 materials to support and enrich the core curriculum.
We strive to produce educational materials that are aligned with current standards and best educational practices—and with student interests and motivations. We pride ourselves on our ability to create products that not only build and reinforce basic and complex skills, but that develop a curiosity about the subjects in which those skills are taught.