Keep learning alive during the summer. Daily Summer Activities provides ten weeks of appropriate, teacher-developed, full-color, practice activities in major subject areas to help your child make a successful transition from one grade to the next.
Second Grade is on the horizon and young learners will have fun preparing for it with Daily Summer Activities, Moving from First to Second Grade. The many exercises it contains, while brief, add just the right amount of complexity to keep children challenged.
Language Arts practice:
- a fiction and a nonfiction story with comprehension questions each week
- sentences to correct for capitalization, punctuation, and grammar
- manuscript handwriting practice
- creative writing activities
- 6 spelling words to learn each week
- addition and subtraction facts
- word problems
- two-digit addition and subtraction, without borrowing and carrying
Language skills such as:
- alphabetical order
- nouns and verbs
- synonyms and antonyms
- vowel sounds
- map symbols
- reading simple maps
As someone who has already tried the series said:
Daily Summer Activities helps our students use what they have learned and prepares them for success in the coming school year.
_Elementary School Principal, Greeley, CO .