Learn how to test and identify minerals with your very own collection of real specimens (included). Conduct tests to determine a mineral’s chemical and physical properties, such as color, luster, streak color, hardness, density, magnetism and carbon, sulfur, or iron content. Investigate the geologic rock cycle and learn how the three main categories of rock - igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic - are formed, altered, destroyed and formed again. A full-color, 32-page experiment manual is included. The kit includes the following genuine specimens: granite, limestone, basalt, marble, pumice, calcite, pyrite, quartz, hematite, bornite, fluorite, magnetite and soapstone. Grow 3 types of crystals: alum (potassium aluminum sulfate), copper(II) sulfate and potassium hexacyanoferrate(III).
- Kit includes the following genuine specimens: granite, limestone, basal, marble, pumice, calcite, pyrite, quartz, hematite, bornite, fluorite, magnetite, and soapstone
- Grow three types of crystals: alum (potassium aluminum sulfate), copper (ll) sulfate, and potassium hexacyanoferrate (III)
- The National Geographic science kits from Thames and Kosmos further that mission by helping kids learn about science in a fun way
- A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the National Geographic kits goes to support vital exploration, conservation, research, and education programs
- Discover the secrets inside the pyramid
About the Seller
The S&S Worldwide family, with over 100 years of experience, continues to do what we do best: Delight customers with fun, hands-on learning products for the young and the young at heart.