Cinco de Mayo is a fun time of year for students to learn about an important event in another culture. This mega pack includes a variety of reading, writing, and math activities to meet the needs of all your learners! Your students will enjoy learning about Cinco de Mayo by completing these activities!
Included in this download are:
- Color by number multiplication page (maracas)
- Mexican flag color page
- Spicy Number Patterns
- Cupcake and/or pencil toppers
- Cinco de Mayo crossword of Spanish months
- two pages of the months in Spanish listed
- Piñata party (addition and subtraction math page)
- Greater Than/Less that page (addition, subtraction and multiplication)
- ABC Order of Cinco de Mayo or Spanish words
- Cinco de Mayo Alliteration page
- Cinco de Mayo words (students try to make as many words from Cinco de Mayo as they can)
- Cinco de Mayo reading comprehension page with questions
- Mixed up Sentences
- Fiesta! A game of categories
- Verb hunt
- Five acrostic poem templates
- Types of Lines pages
- 2D shape page
About the Seller
I have taught for five years. I taught fifth grade for a year, a third-fourth split and straight third for the other years. Before I received my teaching license I worked with a preschool and an afterschool program that served Title 1 students K-6. I have been selected by my district to lead professional developments on the language arts and math common core. There, I trained teachers of all ranges in the new standards.
I believe in using Whole Brain Teaching. It actively encourages students to participate in a fun, yet controlled, manner. Students learn more when they are speaking, explaining, and showing all at the same time.
I received my Master's degree in Instructional Design and Teacher of the Year award from my school district.
I received my Bachelors from the University of Utah. While there, also received my English as a Second Language (ESL) endorsement. Two years later I graduated with my Masters of Education, Instrucational Design.
I love what I do! I find it thrilling to come to work everyday and help my students learn and grow. I love finding new and exciting ways to teach my students that are researched based and tied to the common core.