This Christmas themed center is designed to help children recognize a complete sentence. Each spinner represents the subject, predicate, and additional details to make a complete sentence. However, depending on where the spinner lands, when the three phrases are put together, it may NOT make a sentence. The student has to decide if the three phrases make a complete sentence. Then he/she records the sentence on the recording sheet and illustrates the sentence. Some sentences may be pretty silly!
Who is it for?
- 1st Graders (6 to 7-year-olds)
- 2nd Graders, (7 to 8-year-olds)
- 3rd Graders (8 to 9-year-olds)
- Center Activity in full color and ink-saving black and white
- Center recording sheet
- 6 Cut and paste make-a-sentence pages
- 4 Follow up worksheets that can be used in a variety of ways, including as part of an interactive notebook.