This unit will help you set up a calendar area in your classroom. It will also help you set up a calendar time instruction part of your day to help you students practice using numbers, observe the weather, and learn the calendar.
6/25-**UPDATED FOR THE 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR**
Within this packet you will find resources that will help you put together a functioning calendar area and calendar/problem solving binder. I have used calendar every year I have been in first grade and it is a wonderful instructional time that can be used daily for all levels of learners.
This is a packet of calendar pages that includes:
1. front page where students illustrate what math means to them
2. how many days in school- the students will write what day in school it is everyday and keep a running tally sheet
3. spelling helper- days of the week, months of the year, and number words written out for students
4. calendar pages- on these pages there is a calendar, word wall that go along with that month, questions at the bottom of the calendar, and a space for the student to draw what the month makes them think of.
5. calendar weather page- this page is a graph that includes the following weathers (sunny, rainy, cloudy, snowy, and windy) to be graphed daily for each month.
6. birthday and tooth graph
7. Calendar Area components in ALL colors (days of the week, weather, odd/even chant, place value, days in school tally sheet, class piggy bank, digital date)
Download free calendar month headers here and to also see each month's calendar date cards.
If you have any questions about how I implement my calendar time do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for your purchase.