Who is it for?
- 6th Graders (11 to 12-year-olds)
- 7th Graders (12 to 13-year-olds)
- 8th Graders (13 to 14-year-olds)
- 9th Graders (14 to 15-year-olds)
- Challenge your students to go deeper in their studies of these fifteen influential African Americans. A short bio of each individual is given as well as essay questions to encourage reflection. Notebooking pages are also included. Study the lives of Harriet Tubman, Booker T. Washington, Samuel Morris, Amanda Berry Smith, Charles Albert Tindley, George Washington Carver, Mary McLeod Bethune, Thomas A. Dorsey, Eliza Davis George, Benjamin O. Davis, Jr., Jesse Owens, Jackie Robinson, Althea Gibson, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and Dr. Ben Carson. Many of the essay questions look at the role faith in God had in their lives and challenge students to look at its role in their own lives as well. 24 pages total.
About the Seller
Bonnie Rose Hudson works as the Executive Editor of SchoolhouseTeachers.com, the curriculum site of The Old Schoolhouse Magazine®. Her heart’s desire is for every child to feel the love of God and know how special they are to Him. She would love for you to stop by her author’s blog WriteBonnieRose.com for resources to help teach your children about missions and the persecuted Church, free history and writing printables, and to discover how you can write for the homeschool market.