Who is it for?
- 1st Graders (6 to 7-year-olds)
- 5th Graders (10 to 11-year-olds)
- 2nd Graders, (7 to 8-year-olds)
- 6th Graders (11 to 12-year-olds)
- 3rd Graders (8 to 9-year-olds)
- 4th Graders (9 to 10-year-olds)
biographies; biography; biography projects; biography craftivity
Biographies can be a fascinating and engaging way to teach note taking, researching, writing, and more! Students always seem to be more engaged when they get to learn about the life of someone else. This pack can be used with any person that your students choose to research!
Included in this download:
• biography definition poster (in color and black and white)
• elements of a biography (2 versions)
• biography checklist
• All About _______
• Biography Notes
• Jot It Down (note taking page)
• Timeline (2 versions)
• All About ____: Just the Facts
• The Official Biography of ____
• Biography Book Pages including table of contents, just the facts, early life, middle life, late life, education, family and friends, biggest accomplishments/failures, hobbies, life's work, heroes and role models, profession, interesting facts, character traits, pictures, sources, and bibliography
• Biography vs. Autobiography Sort
• Biography Sketch
• Biography Craftivity
There are three different templates to choose from per book page. This enables you to easily adapt to the level of your learners. There are pages that enable single words or simple sentences to pages that have room for full, developed paragraphs.
There is also a fun craftivity where your students can draw the person they are researching and compile the information they've learned into one eye-catching page.
About the Seller
I have taught for five years. I taught fifth grade for a year, a third-fourth split and straight third for the other years. Before I received my teaching license I worked with a preschool and an afterschool program that served Title 1 students K-6. I have been selected by my district to lead professional developments on the language arts and math common core. There, I trained teachers of all ranges in the new standards.
I believe in using Whole Brain Teaching. It actively encourages students to participate in a fun, yet controlled, manner. Students learn more when they are speaking, explaining, and showing all at the same time.
I received my Master's degree in Instructional Design and Teacher of the Year award from my school district.
I received my Bachelors from the University of Utah. While there, also received my English as a Second Language (ESL) endorsement. Two years later I graduated with my Masters of Education, Instrucational Design.
I love what I do! I find it thrilling to come to work everyday and help my students learn and grow. I love finding new and exciting ways to teach my students that are researched based and tied to the common core.