I use Big Mouth with my students every year to help them remember how to use their greater than signs. If Big Mouth eats the biggest number, then the other number is the smaller number, or the number that is less than. We make a Big Mouth, and then we use it with base ten blocks and crackers. It’s a fun way to learn this concept! I hope you find it helpful with your students, too.
Inside you will find:
1. Anchor charts or posters to use with your students as a visual aid.
2. Feed Big Mouth: A game used to practice finding the number that is bigger or smaller.
3. Ten printables that your students can use to practice finding the number that is greater or less than the other number.
4. Vocabulary Cards made with different graphics.
5. Eating Numbers Around the World: Take Big Mouth around the Room to find those bigger numbers. These task cards can also be used in an independent center.
6. Make your own Big Mouth! Use these cute graphics to to practice eating those BIG numbers. Print, laminate, and cut!! Big Mouth can eat numbers, cubes, goldfish crackers…you name it! This guy is hungry for the bigger number! ;)
Mrs. Grooms' Room
About the Seller
Hi! I am Shana Grooms from Mrs. Grooms room! I am currently teaching first grade and I have been a first grade teacher for 15 years. I love being a teacher! It's definitely the hardest job you will ever love. BUT I also love creating memorable and creative learning tools for my students, and now, I would love to share them with you!!