Do your kid’s love to play video games? Why not help them create their own! Our courses are a great addition to your homeschool and after-school programs! Student’s of all ages are able to learn at their own pace as they work through fun and easy videos. We love to see what young minds create and so we strive to give them the tools they need to express themselves. With over 100 hours of training, support, free assets, guidance and an always updating library we have had the pleasure of seeing some great games!
Join thousands of students from around the world who are already making amazing games here at the School of Game Design. The training starts with learning powerful fundamentals of game design that is perfect for all skill levels. After learning the basics, students will quickly learn how to build advanced video games using the powerful Unity3D game engine. In-depth and easy to follow training videos let them learn at their own pace making the entire learning process with us fun and easy. In addition to learning how to code amazing video games, our students are also taught how to be great artists who have advanced knowledge of 3D animation and modeling, 2D design, and digital painting.
Give your kids the opportunity to become highly skilled game designers who are both masters of code and design!
- Support from instructors and professionals with over 15 years of game industry experience
- Unlimited access to thousands of dollars in royalty free game art and textures
- Unlimited access to over 100 hours of easy to follow step by step video training
- Learn how to make advanced 2D and 3D games that you can publish anywhere
- Master computer modeling and animation techniques
- Learn to be both a programmer and a digital artist
- Excellent for all ages and skill levels
About the instructors Each one of the many dedicated instructors working here at the School of Game Design is also currently working in the game industry. That’s how you know the training you receive with us is current and relevant to modern day game design techniques. Our instructors have a minimum of 15 years of game design experience and we have taught at major game design studios like Ubisoft, Activision, and EA. We are experts at game design and are passionate about teaching the latest tools and techniques in a way that is fun and simple to understand. Courses Included:2D Game Design (GameSalad software not included)
This section is made up of short lessons in visual scripting utilizing Gamesalad, a wonderful program for beginners. We have had students as young as 7 and as old at 70 building great games with this program!
• mastering the fundamentals • working with physics • creating a 2D platformer • creating flappy bird • creating an indie platformer 3D Game Design (Unity3D Personal addition FREE) • getting started with Unity3D • introduction to coding with C# • mastering the fundamentals • building your first level • creating a boss battle • working with particles • creating crossy road Computer Animation & Modeling (FREE 3 Year student membership available if you qualify. The student will need to provide the school name they are attending k-12 or college level to obtain the free membership via Autodesk.com) • Intro to Maya • Maya polygon modeling • Maya to Unity3D workflow • Intro to 3DS Max • 3DS Max polygon modeling • 3DS Max to Unity3D workflow • Digital sculpting with Mudbox Graphic Design (Photoshop and Illustrator are each $9 p/month. A student does not need to purchase either to benefit from the Game Design and Development training as we provide the necessary artwork) IF they would like to use a similar and free program to Photoshop we suggest a web based program called pixlr at pixlr.com/editor) • introduction to Photoshop • Photoshop pro tips and tricks • creating a safari icon • working with the warp tool • Photoshop pop out effect • Animation with Photoshop • Intro to Illustrator Digital Painting • intro to digital painting • intermediate digital painting • intermediate creature design • advanced creature design • character design • environment design • advanced character illustration
Customer will receive a unique voucher code and redemption instructions via email after purchase.