Happy STEM Month! The whole month of February we will have new STEM deals every week for you to stock up for the year! Get free shipping on orders over $150 in the Contiguous US.
Read Educents' Terms & Conditions here
Activities to help students learn the difference between lowercase b and d.
Do your students have trouble distinguishing between the letters B and D while reading? If so, these activities can provide your students practice in identifying the letters B and D and determining which letter is used in words. You will find 7 activities in this packet:
1. Highlight a letter - Students use a highlighter to identify either B or D.
2. B & D sort – Students cut and paste the letters B & D onto the sorting mat. For differentation purposes, students can sort by words beginning with B & D.
3. Circle the Letter – Students look at the letter at the beginning of the row. Then students circle all of those letters in the rest of the row.
4. Follow the B or D – Students color the first letter listed at start. Continue coloring that letter to follow the path.
5. Spin for B or D - Students use a spinner or a pencil and paperclip to spin for a B and D. Then they write the letter on the chart.
6. Cloze sentences – Students read the sentence and fill in the word that makes sense.
7. Pocket Chart Activity – Students place the word cards in a pocket chart then add the b or d to complete the word. A recording sheet is provided for after the game.
Please look at the preview file to get a better look at the contents inside this product.
Thanks for checking out my products!
Be the first to review this product!
About the Seller
Extra Special Teaching
Aloha! I'm a 2nd grade special education teacher and mom to 5 kids (3 are triplets!) I like to create hands on activities that work well for all types of learners.