This set of 20 riddle cards will add to your fall fun with apples and pumpkins in your K-2 classroom. Two four-in-a-row game cards and a themed riddle-writing activity are also included in this high-interest set. What a great way to practice integrating clues, determining relevant information, and more, while strengthening science vocabulary, too!
Solve riddles every day to give your students lots of practice inferring, identifying and answering key questions, and building vocabulary. Riddles are a form of informational text. Solving riddles is a fun-filled and engaging way to lay the groundwork for early comprehension skills!
Use this set of 20 riddle cards in kindergarten, first grade, and second grade...
* As a whole class or small group activity, to demonstrate how to integrate the information in the clues and use the information to eliminate incorrect choices
* As a pocket chart center matching activity
* As a small group or literacy center game
* With ESL students to extend and practice seasonal vocabulary
* With speech and language students for concept and language development
In addition to the riddle cards, this set also includes...
* Two four-in-a-row game cards
* A themed riddle-writing page suitable for use as a whole class or writing center activity.
Riddles for these words are included in this set: gourd, pulp, stem, scarecrow, fall, pumpkin patch, applesauce, apple tree, orchard, pie, jack o' lantern, seed, core, pumpkin, field, harvest, apple, vine, basket, and farmer.
This resource is for use by a single classroom and/or teacher. No part of this resource may be posted on a blog (personal or commercial), webpage/site, server, or other location that is accessible by multiple people.
If you enjoy using riddles as a teaching tool, here are some other riddle sets at my Educents store.
Human Body Riddles
Thanks for your interest in this riddle card set. Happy Fall!