Customers who bought this also bought
Solve riddles every day to give your students lots of practice inferring, identifying and answering key questions, and building vocabulary. Riddles are a form of informational text. Solving riddles is a fun-filled and engaging way to lay the groundwork for early comprehension skills!
Use this set of 20 riddle cards in kindergarten, first grade, and second grade...
* As a whole class or small group activity, to demonstrate how to integrate the information in the clues and use the information to eliminate incorrect choices
* As a pocket chart center matching activity
* As a small group or literacy center game
* With ESL students to extend and practice seasonal vocabulary
* With speech and language students for concept and language development
In addition to the riddle cards, this set also includes...
* Two four-in-a-row game cards
* A themed riddle-writing page suitable for use as a whole class or writing center activity.
Riddles for these words are included in this set: gourd, pulp, stem, scarecrow, fall, pumpkin patch, applesauce, apple tree, orchard, pie, jack o' lantern, seed, core, pumpkin, field, harvest, apple, vine, basket, and farmer.
This resource is for use by a single classroom and/or teacher. No part of this resource may be posted on a blog (personal or commercial), webpage/site, server, or other location that is accessible by multiple people.
If you enjoy using riddles as a teaching tool, here are some other riddle sets at my Educents store.
Human Body Riddles
Thanks for your interest in this riddle card set. Happy Fall!
About the Seller
I'm proud to have been a teacher for 26 years, with most of my experience and my happiest days spent in the primary grades. I've taught Reading Recovery, Basic Skills, first grade, and even a first grade literacy intervention class. As a big believer in hands-on learning, you'll see that center activities and games are among my favorite resources to create! Student engagement is key to learning that lasts, so I strive to create differentiated fun activities that will keep your students excited about learning!