Who is it for?
- Grades 1-7
- Any student and educator who wants the finest resources for their children across curriculum sites with multiple grades at the most affordable cost.
- - Access to the website for books, pictures and videos across all devices. (To add teacher lesson plans and reproducibles, see our teacher product).
- - 800+ curriculum books and 1200+ videos (and over 2000 teacher reproducibles if you choose the teacher option) across all subjects. This provides a fantastic way to get leveled education support whether you are teaching science, english, states, history or geography. The material is entirely self-contained, with no external links. It is a delight to turn the pages of the book, and just as though you were using printed classroom materials, except that it is a fraction of the cost. And it can be used at home, too.
- - Does the information in the "English essentials" section on the homepage change regularly? [answer: yes, weekly in term time] "
- - "Is it safe for kids to use on their own? [answer: yes, there are No external links. Even the search is internal] "
- - "The price will really appeal to homeschool families who do sacrifice financially to educate their children at home, especially since I believe you could use your site for the backbone of an elementary homeschool curriculum. " - Homeschool Mom
- - "I have to say that I am so impressed by American Learning Library. The amount of resources you have is amazing! I love the way the topics build on one another so students can dive as deep as they want. This is great for those self-motivated students and those who get interested in a subject and want to know more. I especially like the newspaper articles and old maps used in the "States" section." - Homeschool Mom
- - "To get an idea of the scope, think Encyclopedia Britannica or World Book online, and then think if only this could be straight down the line curriculum materials based on reading BOOKS and linked to specially-taken VIDEOS and authored by TEACHERS , and it becomes a must-have true teaching resource rather than a nice-to-have background link. And you have American Learning Library." - Teacher
- - "Every time I show a school [your website] there are always new things to delight me." - Manager of a school district library system
How it works
About the Seller
Curriculum Visions' American Learning Library was developed by Dr Brian Knapp, who was formerly a teacher, and who also authored information books and text books for many of the county's top publishers. You will find some of his books if you search your local library index, although in recent years most of his writing has been for digital books like the ones shown here.
The American Learning Library website is designed to recognize that the education world is changing, and that educational resources are getting out of the economic reach of many educators, and also that much more is required in a digital medium. With American Learning Library, we bring the breadth of learning that school and home educators need in an affordable and engaging way. It's quite unique, and way ahead of the curve, so if you want new and fresh excitement for yourself and your students, head over to the website.
The main feature of American Learning Library is learning by books, with support from videos. So, if you prefer, you can buy our books one at a time as downloadable products from our store. Then they are yours to keep. But if you want the full 'surround learning' experience, including supporting videos and teacher resources including reproducibles, then you should consider taking out a membership. The affordable price will surprise you, whether you are buying for yourself, a classroom, a homeschool group, or a library. So go take a look.
The website also gives you a direct help ticket link to our senior editor, Lisa, where you can ask what you like about the website, and its suitability for your needs.