This alphabet practice workbook offers a variety of fun and engaging activities to give young learners the required practice to recognize, name and sound the letters of the alphabet.
The ABCs are the building blocks of language. In order to become literate, our children must be able to recognize each letter, both in order and out of order, as well as the sounds connected with that letter. Once armed with that knowledge, then a child is well on the road to reading and literacy.
• ACTIVITY 1 Alphabet Chart: color/blackline Word Book Cover: color/blackline
• ACTIVITY 2 Word Book Pages: color; blackline Additional vowel pages with words/letters in red: color
• ACTIVITY 3 Design your own alphabet/fill in the missing letters.
• ACTIVITY 4 Alphabetical Order Activity: Recording sheet Pictures to cut out: color/blackline
• ACTIVITY 5 Vowel/Consonant Activity: 8 words to sort, plus a small challenge for a friend.
• ACTIVITY 6 Sound Match Game: Cut out the pictures from the alphabet chart and match them to the circled letters.
• ACTIVITY 7 Letter Match Up: Match the capital letters to their small letter equivalent. Use the capital page as the ‘board’ and cut out the small letters to match.
• ACTIVITY 8 Multiple Choice Initial Letter: 9 objects with a choice of three letters below each. Circle the correct letter. Color/blackline/answer key.
• ACTIVITY 9 Find The Letters Challenge: This is a picture with small upper case and lower case letters. To inject some fun, children should use a magnifying glass to find the letters. Sorting sheet to complete/answer key.
• ACTIVITY 10 Barney Bird is lost – help him find his way home! Color/blackline/answer key.
Some of these activities can easily be turned into file folder games.
The original idea behind the packet was as a revision tool for my first graders on their return to school – a fun packet to awaken the grey matter! However I feel the activities could also be used to consolidate the learning of students with specific literacy difficulties.
The inclusion of blackline pages allows the teacher to make a workbook.
PAGE COUNT: 84
Be the first to review this product!
About the Seller
I have been an elementary school teacher for 28 years, having taught the full gambit from K to 5th. The last 10 years have been spent in first grade. Just this year I changed to second. I have a passion for Special Education and enjoy Graphic Design as a hobby. The loves of my life are my furbabies!