Who is it for?
- First Grade
- Math Interventionists
- Math Learners
- Task Cards
- 120 chart
- Student recording page
- Answer key
Here's a set of 24 task cards that will strengthen your first grade students' skills in place value as well as operations and algebraic thinking as they add and subtract ten from multiples of ten within the range 10 to 120.
Choosing from four numbers on each card, your students will solve number models to eliminate the options one at a time. The last number left on each card is Snowman's Secret Number!
With each task card they complete, your students will solve four number models. Using all of the task cards, that's a total of 96, and that's a lot of practice!
A student recording page, answer key, and themed 120 chart for extra support are also included.
Here are some ideas for using the task cards in your classroom:
* Use in a math center for individual or partner work
* Use with your document camera for whole class review or to focus attention at the beginning of a math lesson
* Use a few in a small group lesson or tutoring
* Use as a skills review rotation (Scoot) individually or with partners, with students moving to different locations around the classroom to solve the clues
* Use as morning "bell ringers"
* Use as challenge work or for early finishers
* Use as exit tickets
Thanks for your interest in this resource!
You'll also like Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down? First Grade Math Games.
Please leave feedback and become a follower at my Educents store!
Primary Inspiration by Linda Nelson