Who is it for?
- 2nd Graders, (7 to 8-year-olds)
- 3rd Graders (8 to 9-year-olds)
- 4th Graders (9 to 10-year-olds)
- 5th Graders (10 to 11-year-olds)
- 6th Graders (11 to 12-year-olds)
- Math learners
- Your little scientist
- 6 Month Subscription to Groovy Lab in a Box
- With Groovy Lab in a Box, young STEMists (your children!) will receive fun, hands-on projects and an engineering design challenge – all focused on a particular STEM topic.
- All STEMists will receive a Lab Notebook, where they can read about that month’s topic, perform investigation activities and document their findings. They will investigate, brainstorm, plan, build, test and redesign their own creations. Materials for investigations are included.
- STEMists also receive access to our special “Beyond…in a Box” online learning portal. This is a unique feature of Groovy Lab in a Box because it gives STEMists a deeper understanding of that month’s topic. “Beyond…in a Box” has videos and more interactive activities to supplement what they are learning from the box projects, which also helps the STEMist even more when completing the design challenge.
- While the investigation activities have step-by-step directions, STEMists won’t have detailed directions to complete the Engineering Design Challenge. Instead, they must rely on their critical thinking skills, and what they’ve learned through the investigation process from the Lab Notebook and online activities. The Engineering Design Challenge is the culmination of your STEMist’s learning experience – the ultimate project where he/she must apply the knowledge gained from that month’s activities.
Science learning made fun!
Groovy Lab in a Box: Inspiring the next generation of STEMists….
For ages 8+
How it works
About the Seller
Groovy Lab in a Box is the brainchild of scientists, parents, educators, and business owners who have worked in the private sector of the science community. Our goal is to make sure that every child utilizes his or her STEMist potential to the fullest.
We created Groovy Lab in a Box to encourage children to channel their inner STEMist. Our purpose is to provide children with an opportunity to focus his or her imagination, determination, and innately inquisitive nature with a way to complete a monthly STEM project using the Engineering Design Process.