Delivered monthly, each Know Yourself Adventure includes a Time Skaters comic, science experiments and corresponding materials, historical lessons and healthy recipes. Designed around engaging core content to give children ages 8-14 the information they need to learn about vital systems of the body, the Adventure Series also brings hours of fun and productive entertainment to their families.
Who is it for?
Ages 5 -7: This product is great for side by side learning.
Ages 8 and up: School aged kids starting in the 2nd grade can experience the activities through independent learning.
Parents and teachers love to participate in side-by-side learning and can use write-in quizzes to support the learning process.
What is included?
These are the twelve systems and locations we'll explore each month:
1. The Five Senses - Ancient Greece
2. The Skeletal System - 1922 Russia
3. The Circulatory System - 1553 China
4. The Renal System - Ancient Assyria
5. The Digestive System - Feudal Japan
6. The Immune System - King Arthur's England
7. The Muscle System - Napoleon's France
8. The Endocrine System - 1954 Cuba
9. The Respiratory System - Futuristic Kenya
10. The Lymphatic System - Ancient Aztecs
11. The Nervous System - WWII Navajo Code Talkers. Ocean Side, CA
12. The Integumentary System - 1960 Oakland
Here's a sneak peek at Adventure 1.
- - Time Skaters, a full-color educational comic sized for smaller hands
- - World Map for Adventurers to pin up and track the places they learn about
- - Adventure Guide with healthy recipes, science, and social experiments
- - Sticker sheet, notepads, reusable vials and other cool stuff (for doing those experiments again and again) that encourage learning through play
About the creators
The Know Yourself Adventure Series was developed by a team of educators, health professionals, artists, and parents. Our goal with this book is to bridge the gap between simplistic introductions to the body and dry textbooks to provide kids a complete and long-lasting knowledge of how their bodies work, and that is what we call Self Literacy.
Tillywig Brain Child Award: Toys.
Parents' Choice Awards (Recommended): Toys.
Quotes and Reviews
"The Know Yourself series meets a need for an in-home way for your children to start becoming experts of their own bodies and begin a lifelong journey of health and well being." - Miss Frugal Mommy. Read more here.