Happy Homeschool Month! The whole month of January we will have NEW DEALS every week for you to stock up for the new year! PLUS, Free Shipping on orders over $150 in the Contiguous US.
Read Educents' Terms & Conditions here
Thanksgiving PAST and PRESENT with Irregular Verbs and Grammar Rule Cards
Thanksgiving Past and Present is a cornucopia of verb tense learning! The Verb Grammar Cards included in this pack will help your students master the rules for forming the present and past tenses. You will LOVE the HANDS-ON practice they will have with every activity.
Here is what is included: * Verb Grammar & Rule Cards: Check them out in the PREVIEW! These 14 cards will help your students understand > what a VERB is (action vs. state of being) > the difference between present and past tense > how to form the present tense in regular verbs (rules for adding –s, -es, and changing y to i and adding –es) > how to form the past tense in regular verbs (1 + 1 + 1 rule and >1 + 1 + 1 rule with exceptions) > the irregular verb challenge Each card is coded for use on the worksheets and verb tense reader.
* Active or Passive? Cut and Sort
* 24 Verbal Obstacle Course and Charades Cards
* Past Tense Double or Not--Cut and sort the present tense verbs, then write their past tense form—doubling the final consonant or not (uses Grammar Rule Cards V-8 and V-9).
* Direct Object Grammar Card which you will find helpful when teaching these verb activities: * Sit/Set * Rise/Raise * Lie/Lay
* 55 Irregular Verb Pair (Present and Past Tense) Cards There are two sets included in this pack--one for younger students that includes hints as to the verb tense ("yesterday" and "today" are included in the graphic on each card) and another that has no hints. Your students can use these cards to play Now and Then (similar to Go Fish), to sort present from past tense, or to match the present to the past for each verb.
* Now and Then Game with Recording Sheets
* Regular vs. Irregular Verbs--Cut and Sort the present tense verbs, then write the past tense of each verb.
* Pilgrims' Past--In each picture box your students will circle the verb (present tense) in the sentence and then write the past tense of that verb (includes regular and irregular verbs).
* Past or Present--Using a paper clip and pencil, your students will spin first for the verb and then the tense they will use to write a sentence. They will also use the Verb Grammar Cards (writing down the codes of the ones they use) to form each tense. I've also included a duplicate of this sheet with a blank verb spinner, so you can write-in the verbs that your students need to practice.
* Thanksgiving PAST and PRESENT (Verb Tense) Reader--This book (see the thumbnail) will help your students learn about the first Thanksgiving Day while working on their present and past tenses! The infinitive for each verb is found at the top of every page. Your students will fill in the blanks with the present and past tense of each verb to complete the story. The Verb Grammar Cards that are used in the reader are coded on each page.
Ask The Seller
There aren't any questions, go ahead and ask one now!
The aim of Preparilli Press is to train up children--not only to be successful students, but also to LOVE learning. Connect with me on Facebook and at Preparilli Press to see these products in action and grab some great freebies.
Before becoming a homeschooling mom, I received my Master of Arts in Urban and Regional Planning from the University of Florida. After graduating, I had a career as a base planner for the United States Air Force. While working at the USAF Academy, I met my pilot-husband and began travelling the US and growing our family. Since 2005, I have homeschooled our seven children in South Carolina, Washington, New Jersey, Illinois, and now, Alaska! I love being a part of my children's education. We have four boys, three girls and lots of learning styles. Every year brings new learning adventures and challenges--and I look forward to sharing them with you.