It's time to "Pep Your Prep!" Are you getting your kids ready for ELA testing?
These colorful and posters with relatable kids will be a hit in your classroom. You'll be putting a lighthearted spin on serious test prep when you introduce your students to this "Testing With The Stars" set!
Each poster will serve as a reminder of the different comprehension strategies:
Read the title and introduction statement Preview the question Read all parts of the passage Re-read and look for details Key words and details should be underlined Eliminate wrong answers Notice bold, underlined or italicized words Context clues help you to figure out unfamiliar words Infer when the answer is not "right there" Pay attention to paragraph numbers Check all choices before choosing an answer Select the BEST answer
This kit includes: 1. Full color posters with Full Strategy Descriptions
2. Low-ink posters with Full Strategy Descriptions
3. Full color posters with Shortened Descriptions (Key words to help your students commit each strategy to memory)
4. Low-ink posters with Shortened Descriptions (Key words to help your students commit each strategy to memory)
5. Color Flip-Flap Book for your students to make and take. Putting the strategies into their own words will really help your students to OWN these strategies by the time test day comes along!
6. Low-ink Flip-Flap Book for your students to make and take.
Created using the adorable "Thinkers" by Melonheadz (LOVE!!)
Thank you so much for your interest in this product. Clicking the heart to follow The Teacher's Chair would surely make my day!
Please let me know how you are using these in your classroom :) I hope your kids enjoy these Testing Stars as much as mine have!
Thanks for visiting me today! I'm Tracey Schumacher and I am a currently third grade teacher in New York. I've been teaching for 16 years. I've loved every minute of my pre-k, fifth, first, second, multiage and now third grade experience. I can honestly say I spend every day doing what I love to do! The products you find in my store are those that have been tried and true in my own classroom - I hope your students enjoy them as much as mine have. I am dedicated to bringing quality products to you - so please help me out with your comments and feedback. Be sure to follow me here for all of my latest products!