This sight word activities pack is jam packed with lessons for intervention, small group work, individualization, review, and more! It contains activities using the SECOND GRADE Dolch sight words. Students who master sight words become more confident readers and writers and are able to focus on the phonics involved in becoming a fluent reader.
This packet includes:
1. Graphing pages in alphabetical and frequency order. This is a fun way for students to practice and master reading words in different printed styles. Answer Keys are included.
2. Word Shapes: This helps students visualize words as they read and write them. Answer Keys are included.
3. Fluency Passages: Each page focuses on 4 sight words in frequency order. Students find and color the targeted sight words in a short passage. They read the passage several times. Word totals are included with each passage to help keep track of student fluency, if desired. Finally, they show their comprehension by illustrating the passage.
4. Cloze Reads: Use these pages to help students identify correct usage of sight words in a passage. Students are give a word bank to help them finish the story correctly. Answer Keys are included.
5. Flash Cards: Two sets of sight word flash cards are included. These can be used for review, small group, partner and intervention use. Set 1 has just one sight word. Set 2 has the sight word and it is also shown in word box form for visual learners.
Words Included in this pack are: always, around, because, been, before, best, both, buy, call, cold, does, don't, fast, first, five, found, gave, goes, green, its, made, many, off, or, pull, read, right, sing, sit, sleep, tell, their, these, those, upon, us, use, very, wash, which, why, wish, work, would, write, your
Please check out the preview for a closer look
Ask The Seller
There aren't any questions, go ahead and ask one now!
I am a second grade teacher and I am very blessed to have been molding the minds of young children for the past 16 years. I love teaching! As a little girl, I could not imagine myself doing any other job. As much as I love teaching my students, I also enjoy creating meaningful resources to use with them in the classroom!