These activities are designed to give your students practice with use and understanding of basic reference materials.
Each activity offers student friendly, hands-on experiences and comes with a student task card, templates and recording sheets. They can be used to introduce or reinforce skills taught in class. This packet includes the following:
1. Grade Level Common Core Standards Addressed (2-5)
2. Reference Material Anchor Charts: dictionary, thesaurus, atlas, encyclopedia, glossary, index, table of contents and the internet
3. Rockin' Reference Materials-Sort It Out!:Students make a flap book with the above listed reference materials (2 versions). They will read the word phrases and sort them into the correct categories.
4. I SPY Rockin' Reference Materials:This activity can be used as a center or placed around the room. Students answer and identify questions about different reference materials and record their answers.(answer key provided)
5.Jammin' With Reference Materials: Students sort question cards into the correct reference material categories and record their answers.
6. Rockin' Reference Materials-How Do I Use It?: There are 4 review pages which can be used to assess your students knowledge of reference materials. The review pages include: table of contents, dictionary/thesaurus, index and glossary. Answer keys are included.
Be sure to check out the preview file for more details!
Ask The Seller
There aren't any questions, go ahead and ask one now!
I am a second grade teacher and I am very blessed to have been molding the minds of young children for the past 16 years. I love teaching! As a little girl, I could not imagine myself doing any other job. As much as I love teaching my students, I also enjoy creating meaningful resources to use with them in the classroom!