These cute and fun minions, which your students already love, are the perfect character for these engaging math centers. This packet includes seven different math centers or resources, some of which can be used in multiple ways. The activities include:
1. Minion Addition (to 12) Use this worksheet to practice addition skills. Students cut out the minions at the bottom of the page to use as counters. Students can use the counters to help them solve the addition problems.
2. Minion Subtraction (to 12) Use this worksheet to practice subtraction skills. Students cut out the minions at the bottom of the page to use as counters. Students can use the counters to help them solve the subtraction problems.
3. Minions Making Ten Use this worksheet to practice decomposing the number 10. The minion at the top has the number ten on him to represent the whole. The students determine the two parts to use to make ten. For students that are still developing the concept of decomposing numbers, I would suggest using some type of manipulative to help them see how to make ten in two different parts.
4. Minion Measurement The minions are ready to print and use. Simply cut out each minion and use in a math station with your choice of standard or nonstandard measurement tools. Students could also use these minions to put in order by size or even to make conclusions on which would weigh more.
5. Minion Money Match This memory type of game is ready to print and use. Simply print and cut the matching cards. Students will place the cards face down and try to find the three matching cards. One card represents the front of the coin. One card represents the back of the coin. The final card represents the value of the coin. Students could also use these cards to play a card game like Go Fish. “Do you have the back of a dime?”
6. Missing Minion Numbers Use this worksheet to help your students master number order. On this two page worksheet students will determine which number the minion is covering up. The student will write that number in the box at the end of the line. The missing numbers start with 00zero to twenty counting by ones. I have also included counting by tens and counting backwards to help them truly master number order.
7. Minion Number Cards Use these numbers cards for a variety of activities. There are three sets of cards included: counting by tens to one hundred; counting by fives to one hundred; counting by ones. Students can practice ordering numbers with any of the sets. Use the number cards to play an addition or subtraction game by drawing two cards and adding them together or subtracting. Students can also use the number cards to practice comparing numbers by determine which is greater than or less than. Bonus: the counting by ones cards go to thirty-one so they can also be used as calendar numbers. :-)
Ask The Seller
There aren't any questions, go ahead and ask one now!
My grandson is loving working with the minions and my wife is having so much fun helping him!
Terrell M - Teacher - Member Since July 2015
Aug 04, 2015
My son doesn't know he's doing school work .
Jeanine L - Member Since November 2013
Jul 31, 2015
The kindergarten kids will LOVE using your Minion Math Centers when they are in math stations. Educational and fun! GREAT PRODUCT!
Firstname L - Member Since November 2013
Jul 31, 2015
My kids love, love, love these characters and it really kept their attention throughout the lessons. Prepping the lesson was easy for me but I do recommend cutting the pieces yourself so your kids can focus more on the math part rather than the semi arts and crafts. Or make it a game on its own.
Hi, my name is Amy and I am the teacher behind Teaching in Blue Jeans. As a teacher turned homeschooling mom, I believe in using a multi-sensory approach to help my students learn and understand new concepts. As the Mom of a child with learning disabilities, I take these same approaches home with me to help my son reinforce his learning. Whether you are a school teacher, homeschooling mom or dad, or a parent looking for extra resources for their child my goal is to provide you with high quality educational resources that are easy for you to prepare and use that will make learning fun and engaging for your kids!